Tuesday, March 30, 2010
things are weird but maybe in a good way...today was my 'sunday' and i managed to get a lot accomplished...i started off by making a delicious brunch with a soy cheese quesadilla, homemade guacamole, soy sour cream, and Salsa Lisa salsa all over organic fieldgreens.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
okay, so since i've not been good at making these lists daily, i'll just go back to normal posts but always try to include one [or more] things i'm thankful for somewhere in them!
i didn't sleep in this morning like i'd been fantasizing about since last tuesday's beautiful rainy morning slumber, but i had fun last night with my friends, renewed my permit, and spent time with multiple friends already and it's not even 3-o-clock.
the rest of my tuesday will be pretty low-key...90210 and 16 & Pregnant later with friends but from the comfort of my own living room.
so, in case you couldn't see where this was going: i'm thankful it's TUESDAY!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
alright, i already missed day 2 of blogging my thanks. but i'm back! and mildly bored at work, so what a great moment to take on my appreciation:
1)i'm grateful that i was able to spend a quiet night in after work last night.
2)i'm glad that i did not have to light a fire or make coffee for the event this morning, but did a fine enough job on my speech.
3)i'm sooo appreciative that the curator got me coffee this morning so i didn't have to make nasty folgers...
4)my bank account will be glad that i got 4 extra hours of work this morning for more or less just sitting in the office online...
5)i'm grateful that there are ridiculous people dressed in victorian garb wandering around the museum right now...they were speakers at the event this morning and it's hilarious how seriously they take themselves.
6)i'm pumped that i'm going out for Japanese food in lowertown after work.
7)i'm super thankful that my lovely roommate gave me a ride this morning so I didn't have to be on a bus at 7:45am.
8)i'm glad that the sun is shining today -- much lovelier than yesterday's gray skies!
9)i'm glad that i have exciting saturday-night plans to keep my mind off of lame people who are not worth my time.
10)i'm grateful that i'm even able to be grateful about so many things every day!
aaaaand i'm out...
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Alright, here it is folks...I'm going to be posting 10 things I'm grateful for on this blog from now on...I'll try to get it daily, but I'm sure I won't always be able to.
Anyway, here goes:
1) Spring seems to have finally arrived...despite the potential sleet coming in a few hours and the wind that's eerily howling through the museum windows right now.
2) I have a great job where I'm surprised and enlightened each day.
3) I have awesome friends who, despite warning me all along about things I was too stubborn to listen to, are there when things go wrong.
4) I had my first day off in over a MONTH on Tuesday...I slept until 11, did laundry, and enjoyed life...it was glorious.
5) I got to spend last night dancing with my friends and having a great St. Patrick's Day.
6) I get to close the museum in 7 minutes and go home for Project Runway with the ladies.
7) Brooke's bringing me something delicious for dinner later from House of Wong.
8) My apartment is relatively clean since I went on an it's-nice-outside-so-I'll-open-all-the-windows-and-clean binge the other night...it always feels good to go home to a clean place.
9) Lots of exciting things this weekend -- if I can stay awake for them all!
10) Good books I've been reading lately...school made it hard to choose what I wanted to read so I'm excited to be taking advantage of both my freedom and my long bus rides to work everyday!
alright...not the most interesting post, but I promise they'll get better...!